21 Hampton Drive
Nashua, NH 03063
Bordy, Inc. is a design firm specializing in hardware,
software and systems design. Bordy, Inc. has been performing
services for clients since 1983.
The primary principal is William E. Bordy who previously was
the Director of Product Development of Ohio Scientific, Inc., a
microprocessor based computer manufacturer. Mr. Bordy joined Ohio
Scientific in November 1977 as Chief Engineer and was responsible
for the design of all of their products until August 1983.
Previous to this he was a Design Engineer with Ohio Nuclear,
Inc., a medical equipment manufacture, from May 1973 until
November 1977. In addition, Mr. Bordy has authored personal
computer reviews published in Computer + Software News, a
weekly retail trade magazine.
Specific experience within Bordy, Inc. follows:
- Design of CPU boards utilizing 8X305, 6502, 6800, 6809,
8085, Z80, Z8000, 68000, 68010, V25+, 80186, 80286, 80386
and 80486 microprocessors. The 80386 and 80486 boards
were IBM PC compatible.
- Design of Xilinx® Virtex™, Virtex-II and Virtex-4 based FPGA development platforms.
- Design of peripheral boards targeting Xilinx® Virtex-6 development platform.
- Design of peripheral boards targeting ARM® development platforms.
- Design of flash memory, static memory, non-volatile memory, dynamic memory interfaces and memory mapping
- Design of hard disk, video, LCD and wide band tape
- Design of interface boards for A/D, D/A, printer,
telecommunication, touch screen, USB, USB-OTG and voice I/O
applications. Designs included analog circuitry.
- CPLD, GAL, PAL, FPGA and high density programmable logic
- Hardware design tools used: VHDL, MAX+plus II AHDL, ABEL, CUPL, PALASM, OrCAD, PADS, Protel and Altium.
- Design of software drivers and diagnostics.
- Design of firmware for a point of sale debit card system.
- System BIOS vendor selection and BIOS modifications.
- Programming in Macro-11, M80, ASM65, ASM68, ASM69,
ASM68K, 8086ASM, MSP430, Basic, C and Pascal.
- Design of personal, business and point of sale computers.
- Design of a FCC class B test facility for certification
and use of that facility to obtain class B certification
for personal computers.
- USB and USB-OTG testing and debugging of clients' designs.
- Contributor to the USB-IF OTG Compliance Plan for the USB 2.0 Specification.
- Evaluation and selection of micro-computers, LCDs, touch
screens, peripherals, operating systems, and application
- Performance of design reviews and design corrections on
clients' existing products.
- Management of initial production runs including PCB layout, procurement, inventory control, assembly and testing.
The above represents some of the skills within Bordy, Inc. but
is not all inclusive. If we may be of service to you, please
contact William E. Bordy,
Copyright © 2015 Bordy, Inc.